NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Empowered Homes Inc., 402-34 Harvey Road, St. John’s, NL, A1C 2G1, Canada.
2. Eligibility: Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to those who enter through the contest opt-in typeform and who are above the age of 18 as of the date of entry. The Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of Canada only and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Empowered Homes Inc. (the “Sponsor”), their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers, and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, provincial/territorial and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
3. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Empowered Homes Inc. as final and binding as it relates to the contest. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, provincial/territorial and local laws.
Sweepstakes Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on or about the 4th of February, 2020 and ending on the 28th of February, 2020. All online entries must be received by the 28th of February, 2020 11:59 PM PST.
5. How to Enter: The Sweepstakes must be entered by submitting an entry using the online typeform. No purchase or consideration required for entry. The entry must fulfill all sweepstakes requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Empowered Homes Inc. You may enter only once and you must fill in the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Empowered Homes Inc.
Prizes: One (1) winner will receive either a Mysa Smart Thermostat for Electric Baseboard Heaters or a Mysa Smart Thermostat for Electric In-floor Heating (based on their selection), valued at $139-$239 Canadian (excluding taxes). Actual/appraised value may differ at the time that prizes are awarded. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Empowered Home Inc. No cash or other prize substitution may be permitted, except at Empowered Home Inc.’s sole discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, provincial/territorial, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Empowered Homes Inc. to use the winner's name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
7. Odds: The odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. Winner selection and notification: The winner of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of Empowered Home Inc.
a) The winner will be notified via email to the email address the entrant used to enter the Sweepstakes within five (5) days following the selection of the winner and will be required to correctly answer a skill testing question. Empowered Homes Inc. shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to the winner’s spam, junk email or other security settings or for winners' provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
b) If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 7 days from the time award notification was sent, fails to correctly answer the required skill testing question, or fails to return a completed and executed declaration and releases (as required) in a timely manner, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and provincial laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
9. Rights Granted by you: By entering this contest you understand that Empowered Homes Inc., anyone acting on behalf of Empowered Homes Inc. or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the world, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any compensation to you.
10. Terms: Empowered Homes Inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. Empowered Homes Inc. reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
Empowered Homes Inc. has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Empowered Homes Inc. reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By entering the Sweepstakes you agree to electronic email communications pertaining to this Sweepstakes from Empowered Homes Inc. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the end of any email from Empowered Homes Inc.
11. Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Empowered Homes Inc.,Typeform SL., and their subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant's participation in the sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
Use of the prize is governed by Empowered Homes Inc. Terms & Conditions found on our webpage.
12. Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF Canada AND Newfoundland and Labrador, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participants agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Newfoundland and Labrador and under Newfoundland and Labrador’s jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participants be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Litigation Respecting the Contest (Quebec Residents): Any litigation by residents of the Province of Quebec respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
15. Winner List: To obtain a copy of the winner's name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: 402-34 Harvey Road, St. John’s, NL, A1C 2G1, Canada. Requests must be received no later than March 14th, 2020.